Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I know if my car has XM? I purchased it used and do not have the original window sticker. I do not see an button for it. If it does, where can I find the serial #?

Thanks,

Macmtr
09 GT

·
Registered
4 Posts
XM Radio

You should have it -- check the owner's manual. Channel 0 on the XM band will give you the serial number. Call 1-800-XMRADIO and activate it (the preview channel should be working in any case). Good luck and enjoy your G-8

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a used GXP and the satellite radio is activated. Dealer supposedly contacted original owner but got no info from him on the activation period. I don't know if it was 1 year, lifetime, or ????. So, how do I find out when (if) the service expires?
Conrad

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can anyone help me?
NC GXP

I would enjoy your XM Service until it expires. I have a lifetime contract on my other car and I'm pretty sure it's not transferable. In other words, if you call XM to find out details and they know the car has been sold, you may have to start over again with service and pay for it yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it aint broke dont fix it. When it stops playing then i would worry about it. I dont think previous owner let a lifetime subscription go with sale without any discussion. The previous owner could have transferred it to another car or even a portable xm device. IMO its prob got a couple months left. Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know that Sirius is transferable, I had a Ford Fusion bought the lifetime and got rid of the car 8 months later. Long and short I bought a 09 GT and it had XM swapped out to the Sirius module and was able to transfer from the Ford to the GT. Not sure if that helps with the transfer question

1 - 10 of 10 Posts