Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have contacted STS Turbo and am currently in discussions with them about developing 2 set-ups...

1) smaller twin turbos
2) larger single turbo with the same HP an dpotential as the twins, but cheaper!

If anyone is interested, please let me know, they are looking to see if there is enough interest for them to develop both set-ups. For both packages I think it is safe to say there will be ~550RWHP. The stock HP on my G8GT is 298 and I fully expect 550+. (Please remember this is a estimate since they have not developed the kit yet)

If you dont know, STS is a complete remote mount turbo package that mounts into stock holes and does not require significant amounts of knowledge/skill to install. The kits will be the equilivant of an axle back kit with all of the tubing/oil lines/other accessories included in the kit except for an AFR & Boost Gauge.

If you are interested, please let me know and I can set you up with them:beer: as the more people they have interested, the sooner it will be developed! There will also be a significant price break on the development kits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, very similar to that kit...

as for price, I prefer not to post as I dont know what the development kits are going for, I just know that they will be significantly under the base sale price once the kit is fully developed and been proven to work time-after-time. PM me for details if your interested and I can send you some more info!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Twin vs single

I live about 5 miles from STS and I still have not decided which way to go. Now you throw another variable with twin and single. Would the single choke down the exhaust?

I need more info I guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, i am typically on g8 board and follow those posts...but I did get an email...

As for the single vs the twin, I am going with a single but I got them to upgrade since I am getting a proto-typed kit that should have equal or great output than the twins. Twins are great to say, but in all reality it depends on what you are looking for, 2 smaller twins or a larger single?

I am looking to get the kit towards the end of next month but dont know when I am going to be able to get it on just yet. I know that there is always the debate on the STS system (I personally dont know about the technicals behind it from my engineering background) but this is a very cheap HP mod for me...and has unlimited potential once the engine & tranny are built!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The stock HP on my G8GT is 298 and I fully expect 550+.
I am going to guess you have the V6, stock HP on that engine is 256 not 298, unless you have modded it then 298 would be a guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to guess you have the V6, stock HP on that engine is 256 not 298, unless you have modded it then 298 would be a guess.
He is more than likely referring to the WHEEL HP numbers. A G8 GT will put anywhere from 290-310hp to the rear wheels depending on the alignment of the stars, earth and the moon as well as the weather conditions, type, age and just about every other variable that can be conjured up to factor into your dyno run.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts