Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw something about a spray chrome process called spectra chrome. i was curious if anyone knows of a place that does this. id like to get the information on how to contact them, i was looking to have my stock grill black chromed. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your best bet is to stay away from Spectra Chrome located in Florida. We had expanded our business including this system. The materials sent to us were inconsistent in results. The owner "Dan" turned from "great guy" salesman into a brick wall. No help, just sales pitches and attitude. We even sent one of our customer's pieces to him and they could not give good results. The Florida "experts" returned a cloudy, chrome peeling mess. ( Of course, Dan would not even discuss the return of the machine. Had to go to more extreme measures.) Please invest in proper chroming. The extra cost is well worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Everybody is wrong! Go to Paul's Chrome Plating in Evans City, PA 800/245-8679. They chrome plate plastic all day long for expensive classic cars. I am doing the very same thing right now. They are not cheap, but they are damn good! Also look up them the web on "my classic car" They actually had a recent feature on thier shop on "WHEELS" tv.

·
Registered
1 Posts
detail for spectra chrome's info

Your best bet is to stay away from Spectra Chrome located in Florida. We had expanded our business including this system. The materials sent to us were inconsistent in results. The owner "Dan" turned from "great guy" salesman into a brick wall. No help, just sales pitches and attitude. We even sent one of our customer's pieces to him and they could not give good results. The Florida "experts" returned a cloudy, chrome peeling mess. ( Of course, Dan would not even discuss the return of the machine. Had to go to more extreme measures.) Please invest in proper chroming. The extra cost is well worth it.
Hi bikegirl, i would like to know more detail about spectra chrome's information, i actually quite interest to invest a spray machine for business, but since a lot unknown issues in doubt, i wish to gather enough info before i move for it. Please do contact me at [email protected] at your convenience. Thx.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi bikegirl, i would like to know more detail about spectra chrome's information, i actually quite interest to invest a spray machine for business, but since a lot unknown issues in doubt, i wish to gather enough info before i move for it. Please do contact me at [email protected] at your convenience. Thx.
I recently had more chrome done by Krometics. This is Elite Platings spray chrome company. They are using Spectrachrome. I haven't had any problems with the chrome they did for me over a year ago. Maybe you should try contacting them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.