Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Chad from Johnstown, PA. I'm starting to look at getting into a G8 GT. Currently I have a '95 Camaro Z28 that I bought new in '95 and I've modded it since then. I drag raced it, road raced it, and of course abused it on the street too.:) I've also got an '08 Nissan Frontier amd an '02 saturn SL2. I'm thinking of getting rid of the Camaro and Saturn for a G8. We have 3 boys and a house so the truck is our "minivan" and utility/hauler. I figured I can consolodate and still get my hot rod with a little bit of practicallity. TheG8s are beautiful cars that have the balanced perfection, sorta like BMW sedans are. I'm looking at getting a used '08 GT, as the prices are more reasonable. Of course selling the Camaro might take some time, might end up having the option of a used '09!
Only one question for now, anyone have a G8 GT that sees winter driving? I've driven in alot of snow over the years in 2 different Chevy Caprice Classics, so driving a RWD during the winter, to me, is no big deal, but convincing the wife of it is another story. Maybe I won't tell her it's RWD until I sign the papers!
Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Several members have seen snow and lived to tell. Plan your budget to include a set of 4 snows on rims even if you get one with all-seasons. MPG will suffer but you will get around much better. There are times when it may lose traction and with T/C (traction control) on it is a little disturbing to want to pull out in traffic and the car just wants to sit. Know when to shut off T/C and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I have driven cars w/ TC, I understand what you're talking about. The best traction control is your right foot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts