Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this forum hoping to see if anyone has had my problem yet, but I think not. We just purchased a 2008 G8 GT a month ago. It has performed great but the check engine light came on. Long story, short, I have to have a new gas tank because there is a crack in the seam which is allowing air to escape and possibly fuel. The catch is my dealer is having a problem locating a part. So even though we like the car, I wanted to let you guys know about my problem. I hope it is not something that becomes a "recall" or something. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just joined this forum hoping to see if anyone has had my problem yet, but I think not. We just purchased a 2008 G8 GT a month ago. It has performed great but the check engine light came on. Long story, short, I have to have a new gas tank because there is a crack in the seam which is allowing air to escape and possibly fuel. The catch is my dealer is having a problem locating a part. So even though we like the car, I wanted to let you guys know about my problem. I hope it is not something that becomes a "recall" or something. Thanks for listening.
I have seen a few posts about tank issues in general on multiple sites

·
Registered
13 Posts
You may want to join www.G8board.com. There are lots and lots of knowledgable vendors as well as owners there.

Welcome aboard!! What color and model G8 did you get?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car is a black GT. I did find out today from the dealer that there is a design flaw in the gas tanks and the engineers have already redesigned and reproduced them. My GT is waiting for the shipment to come in, so this has already been a problem for others and may be a problem in the future for those with the original tank. I'll try to let you know how my fix turns out.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.