Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to upgrade my stock alternator but a few different alternator companies I have talked to cannot locate any details on the stock alternator for a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT with a 6 Liter engine.

Can anyone help me with the following:

1. What is the manufacturer part number for the stock alternator
2. They need to know how the plug hooks up
3. They need to know how it is mounted

Any information on the above 3 would be great. Also, if you have a link or website that I can go to that has upgraded high output alternators for the 2008 G8 GT, that would be great too.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
The new (Holden) 2011 Chevy Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle will be offered with a 170 amp high output alternator, the part number is 9G135. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look into a company called D.C. Power. I am going to upgrade mine at some point when we install the stereo. We use them for a lot of the police cars we build. They work great on the newer Tahoes. I can call the boys and see if they have anything if you have not found one yet. They are direct replacments and use all the stock mounts, belts and plugs. You will need to upgrade the output wire to 0ga. all the way to the battery. These alternators are the best on the market from what we have found. They are billet alauminum and put about 170 AMPS at idle and will do all of 270+ at 2500 RPM's! They are a bit pricy but well worth the money. They retail for around $650.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts