Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, first time posting but have gotten a lot of information from here over the years.

I have an ABS fault and the code is C0045. 09 Pontiac G8 base model. C0045 means the left rear wheel sensor is not working. Replaced the sensor it still reads 0 MPH while in motion and all the other tires are reading correctly. Checked all the connections and ohm's and everything is fine. My cousin (he's a mechanic) thinks the next thing to do is change the wheel bearing since maybe it is corroded and the sensor can't read it? He isn't very confident in this diagnosis.

Car has 90k awesome miles on it. If I bring it to the dealer is this covered under the 100k power train warranty? Any thoughts on other issues? I've read on here that other people had to replace the entire ABS computer which is like 800 dollars. That would suck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same problem but I changed my left rear wheel bearing and I had to cross thread the axel nut and I’m curious if the axel has a reluctor wheel of some sort that the sensor reads on the axel? Therefore I wondering if I messed up the axel and need a new one to make the sensor work. Yes I did replace the sensor and check the ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts