Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to run my GT at the local strip test and tune night soon. Hopefully I'll get to make several passes, depending on how many people show up. How can I run the best ET? Do I break-torque and launch with some wheelspin or just floor it? Just leave it in sport mode or shift manually? Anyone here want to share their secrets with fellow G8ers? You do want me to be fast, and the other guys be furious, right? ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't personally run mine, but I have watched a LOT of races online. From what I hear, Sport mode (auto-shift) is the quickest. And I don't typically see brake-torque or wheel spin at the start. Just throw the shifter over, put the pedal to the metal, and let her rip!

·
Registered
2 Posts
place it in sport and turn of esp you can play with take off rpm 1500 max if your on street tires and depending on track conditions. Try off the hole dig then progressivly up on rpm see what is best for your set up on your track and have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LANE SLABS - the best way to launch is #1 MAKE SURE U R RUNNING 93oct WITH NO ETHANOL, NOT USING ETHANOL FROM WHAT I ALSO FOUND OUT GETS MORE MILES PER GALLON THAN WITH ETHANOL 2-3 MILES BETTER PER GALLON, 93oct = 361HP WHERE AS 87oct = 355HP, #2 LEAVE TRACTION CONTROL ON, #3 PUT SHIFT N2 SPORTMODE WHERE AS RPMS GO HIGHER WHERE AS MORE POWER DELIVERED TO THE WHEELS THAN N REG DRIVE MODE & SHIFTING IS SLOWER SWITCHING GEARS, NOW IF U JUST WANNA HAVE SUM FUN TURN TRACTION CONTROL OFF AND SHIFT TO 1ST GEAR AND LET IT RIP!!!!!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts