Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been doing some research for a cold air intake for my G8 GT and I am stuck between these two intakes which one do yal recommend, I have heard nothing bad about either of them.

Right now though I am leaning towards the New Era Intake and the other one is the Roto-Fab Intake.

In the research that I have done the New Era Intake will produce way more horsepower but i am kind of sceptical that those vents on the hood will not get any water in the intake while it is raining.

What do yal think?

Also I know that there is the Magnaflow exhaust system out and in my view it is extremely over priced. I was thinking of make the G8 GT exhaust system into a X-Pipe with costum tubing and changing the mufflers to Twister Performance Exhaust Mufflers and keep the stock tips and everything else to keep it as a sleeper.

Any suggestions or input on that plan? Please let me know

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Vararam system is hard to beat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guys,
Check out Harrop.com.au for some of the best info on the Australian Performance parts for the Commodore / G8...also..redbackexhaust.com.au they have the best sounding hi performance exhaust system on the market...with the exchange rate against the Aussie $$$ it could be worth importing the parts from Down Under...Just a Thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone installed the Vararam or the New-Era OTR on their car? Both are radiator front mount intakes but I am looking at what is going to bring in the most air and of course add the most power.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anybody had any experience with a "Kooks" exhaust. Saw one on Youtube last night and it sounds awsome!

Also does the aftermarket intake disable your cylinder deactivation?

I had the Kooks X-pipe system installed on my 1967 GTO with the "lower-volume" exhaust. It sounds great.

Just bought a new G8 GXP, but have not messed with it.

Regards.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
no one is really shouting out a definite CAI that is the be all must get... so i hear about the vara, roto, and K&N... in a comparison which is the best to get?? and also can you open the vents on the hood or is there a kit for this, and will water get to the intake from this

·
Registered
34 Posts
Testing has proven Vararam makes the most HP and gets better gas mileage as well. Track testing shows at least .1 better then other OTRs and a minimum of 1 mph too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.