|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|07-20-2016 06:18 PM|
|gxplover1234||I need to have mine done may take to my mechanic and have them do it since they have a lift|
|04-19-2016 01:37 PM|
Found it. Maintenance service doesn't seem to advise a "power flush" process, so here's what I've put together as follows:
YOU MUST DO THIS ON A LIFT OR HAVE THE CAR UP OFF THE GROUND AND LEVEL!!
Pan Removal Method:
1. Drain old fluid by removing pan (you might be able to get some of the fluid out more slowly through the check plug on the bottom of the pan, before you drop the pan).
2. Replace filter and gasket (if new gasket needed). Now is a good time to do that deep sump/filter upgrade from Pace Performance.
3. Once pan is re-secured, with car off and level, add 6-8 quarts or as much as you can approximate came out during step 1, into the rubber fill plug hole on the passenger side of the transmission.
4. Turn car on. With engine running (and car off the ground and level) cycle between all four selector positions on the shifter (PDRN). Hold each for three seconds, then place the shifter in park.
6. Allow engine/transmission to reach idle operating temp.
7. WITH ENGINE ON, remove the CHECK PLUG on the bottom of the pan. IF NO FLUID COMES OUT, add 1/2-1 quart of fluid the same way as in step 3.
8. Once enough fluid has been added there should be a slow steady drip of fluid from the opened check plug. Re-insert check plug and fill plug and lower the car.
Only thing I am not sure of is whether or not fluid can be added to the fill plug hole WHILE the engine is running, or if it will spray out.
Anyone care to elaborate?
|04-16-2016 10:28 AM|
Dealer Transmission fluid change questions
Anybody know how the dealer goes about getting the fluid in and out? Do they use a machine to cycle it or do they just drop the pan and fill it back up?
Are these two different services that are offered and if so which one should I do? I guess the one the replaces the filter right? Pretty sure I'm going to upgrade to the deep sump either way.
I'd do it myself but I'd like the record of the service placed on the Carfax.