My first scratch... - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

My first scratch...

Hello all, I purchased my 09 G8 several months ago and just put my first scratch on it and its killing me. The scratch is in the back lower panel of the car which is plastic. What can I do to remove this myself without having to take it to the dealer? It is in the paint pretty good with a small groove. I am just sick to my stomach, please help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 10:31 PM

Lightbulb YEAh > Krapp huh - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiggy View Post
Hello all, I purchased my 09 G8 several months ago and just put my first scratch on it and its killing me. The scratch is in the back lower panel of the car which is plastic. What can I do to remove this myself without having to take it to the dealer? It is in the paint pretty good with a small groove. I am just sick to my stomach, please help!!
Dis is whut I'd doo - - go to a paint shop (auto) take your serial number or paint code..pay through your nose for a reduced container of paint and once you have cleaned the stink out of your scratch with something like paint thinner "then", camping fuel ..(white gas) or something that leaves no residue fill the mark carefully ..imagine you are leonardo or something. Option - you could lightly sand the edges of the groove with something like one sheet of 2000 grit or the highest you can find (recommended to you)..then use the cleaner again before the reduced paint..it could require a few "thin" layers of paint ..so go at it in the centre carefully at first (small amount thin line etc...) the paint will seem over priced..BUt it will stay thin and won't turn to putty consistancy as long as you have it in a screw top container..I have one for my truck and it's lasted me for 5 yrs. so far and counting. (container has brush top and holds around 2 ounces)you can keep the remainder in a can (tight).

You got off easy..we got a crater in the hood and it was repainted completely (Sub sonic rock)

RMD..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode