2010 Gto? - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

2010 Gto?

Well, I didn't personally "mod" my G8, just had me blokes from down under create a little teaser in the form of a new Monaro - can everyone say GTO.

and how it would translate into LHD

GoAuto - Future Models

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coupe 60 for US.JPG
Views:	776
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	11   Click image for larger version

Name:	Coupe_60.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	12   Click image for larger version

Name:	Coupe-60_Rear.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	13  

Last edited by chiefpontiac; 02-29-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:50 PM

Red face Awesome Coupe

The G8 coupe would be stunning and sell pretty well to individuals without passengers. As much as I hate to admit, I don't think the coupe will sell better than the Sedan.

Despite the G8 looks similar to the GTO... I think it's better to leave the GTO model dead for it has recently failed.

The white coupe image your posted looks enticing..... though two toning the side and front effect does not look too appealing.

One thing though, the coupe debut at the New York auto show in November and mentioning of it for release would most likely be 3 years from now. I can't see why it would take that long for production. I'm thinking they are waiting to see how G8 sells go before deciding.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

The hold on Coupe 60 for the US market has been put on hold, right alongside any chance of a rwd Impala. New CAFE standards are the big culprit, despite GM's current ability to equal mpg in similary powered rwd and fwd vehicles where the rwd is heftier by 400#. I don't think rwd development is dead, in fact even Subaru with Toyota's help is getting into it Winding Road Archive Toyota/Subaru Coupe Tipped in Early Sketch but the key to the survival of rwd is smaller, lighter, greener packaging. Part of it is all the safety requirements, but todays G8 is no lighter than full-size sedans of 40-50 years ago.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:27 AM

Wink

Hey Moderator!

Is that your G8 as your Avatar? What country do you live in? I'm curious for it seems like you have good info on the G8 and its whereabouts!!!

By far and enlarge, I don't to typically like to pay $30,000 for a vehicle, but I am very happy with the purchase of the G8 and feel it's one of the best domestic import for the current time!

Good day mate!
Matthew
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

That's the Rolex series pace car.

Good ol' USA.

I keep my ear to the ground, pay attention to official GM news, subscribe to a few newsworthy sites, the rest I just make up as I go (just kidding)

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpontiac View Post

Well, I didn't personally "mod" my G8, just had me blokes from down under create a little teaser in the form of a new Monaro - can everyone say GTO.

and how it would translate into LHD

GoAuto - Future Models

It would be great if the Coupe 60 would be given the go ahead for 2010, I understand GM is working on a business plan on the build numbers, and if it can be built down under (GM Holden are at full production capacity). The good news is the G8 GXP (6.2,stick shift, bigger wheels & brakes) and then the G8 sports truck in late 2009, maybe the follow up can be the G8 Coupe 60, lets hope.
Nice swap over from RHD to LHD for the Coupe 60
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 08:52 PM

Nice! Really like the side exit exhaust.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 08:58 PM

I like it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode