G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum

G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum (https://www.g8forum.com/forums/)
-   Pontiac G8 Interior Discussion (https://www.g8forum.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Rear Aux Input?????? (https://www.g8forum.com/forums/f7/rear-aux-input-204/)

Mattw65 07-19-2008 08:19 PM

Rear Aux Input??????

Whats up guys! I have an 08 G8 GT. I was looking through the menu on the radio and it gave me the option to turn on/off a rear aux. input. Does anyone have any idea what this is or what I could use this for? Thanks

fcsuperY 11-17-2008 09:25 AM

Rear aux is the plug-in at the rear of your car radio. Unlike the front aux, the rear aux is a multiprong molex type connector. Supposedly, if hooked up correctly, the rear aux will allow the driver to control their ipod from the steering wheel. I dont know anyone that has hooked up anything to the rear aux.

PaycheckG8 11-17-2008 11:16 PM

I have a backup camera and audio cable hooked up to mine. Details are on a different board.

chiefpontiac 11-18-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaycheckG8 (Post 850)
I have a backup camera and audio cable hooked up to mine. Details are on a different board.

You could use our gallery and post up pics of the radio here on this board. ;)

fcsuperY 11-18-2008 10:21 AM

info pleease?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaycheckG8 (Post 850)

Please PM me. I think I saw your message, but wasn't able to get enough info from it. I'd like to get a backup camera too. I don't care about the audio hook up, but I might find the info useful. Do you have the specs on the camera, and perhaps some pics of the hook up?

Thanks!

earlao 03-12-2009 09:18 AM

I have a dvd player and PS2 hooked up to my G8 GT's rear aux. I had to put a VIM Module and converter A/V switches in it to hook everything up though. The radio has weird A/V hookups so you'll have to use the converter thing to hook our red, white and yellow jacks up to it.

earlao 03-12-2009 09:19 AM

You can get everything you need from the JHP website

PaycheckG8 03-13-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcsuperY (Post 856)
Please PM me. I think I saw your message, but wasn't able to get enough info from it. I'd like to get a backup camera too. I don't care about the audio hook up, but I might find the info useful. Do you have the specs on the camera, and perhaps some pics of the hook up?

Thanks!

Sorry I haven't been here, but JHP has all the VIM stuff now. I purchased the VIM with the autoswitch and the new cables. Camera came from E-Bay, but one of the guys on the Grrrr8 board got a nice lookin license plate frame from Amazon.com.

KaitaHarris 05-21-2012 08:32 AM

get a middle-high end pioneer head unit, they have auz and usb in rear