AC compressor is making noises at low speeds? - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Banned

AC compressor is making noises at low speeds?

Hello

I have a 2008 Pontiac G8. I replaced the ac compressor (3111PRO code reader) and ac condenser (Made in china) about 9 months ago.

The AC blows cold air, but the compressor is making noises when the vehicle at idle or low speeds and I'm sure it will fail very soon.

I don't want to repair the ac compressor because I already purchased a new one yesterday.

I will replace it by myself, make sure there is no leak, and charge it with Freon gas with 580 grams as recommended by the owner's manual book, but the question is

Do I have to change the AC Condenser again? The original Condenser costs about $290 and a cheap one is $80.

please advice!

Last edited by zx870838557; 04-25-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 07:46 PM

Why change the condenser? All it does is sit with the radiator and allow heat to be exhausted off; if it's not damaged mechanically then why worry about it?

Do you mean the Air Drier? If you crack the system and get it back together like same day within a few hours and pull a good vacuum you shouldn't need to replace a BRAND new air drier.

If the COMPRESSOR is making noise why are you worried about the CONDENSER?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode