Why do I still have three of these great cars??? - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Why do I still have three of these great cars???

As the Internet Sales Manager of a central Oklahoma dealership, I'm amazed that I've only had two quote requests for G8's. I mean, after the ad blitz by Pontiac and all the positive press, can someone PLEASE tell me why I still have three of these cars in stock?

I have two black ones (one is #37 of 888) and a white one (#8 of 888), and ppl aren't beating down our door to take them home. Is it because they're base models or is it b/c of the color or what? We're applying all rebates and discounts possible, but why won't anyone take these off our hands? There are very few in the state of Oklahoma, and I think we're fortunate to have the ones we have.

Please give me some feedback at [EMAIL="[email protected]"]. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tron
You may wish to respond to your e-mails. It may help your sales.

Mika
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Just did. Thank you for your note, Mika!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:57 PM

There's 2 at a local dealership here that have sat a couple of weeks when they first came in. I think one finally sold. For me here's why i haven't bought one yet:

1. Financially I'll be better to wait a year.
2. I will only be able to afford one new vehicle when I am ready, so I have to make the right choice. They announced a GXP coming out next year. The Challenger will be out later this year, with the RT coming next year, and the Camaro will be out as a 2010 model. Also there's the possibility of a G8 coupe. It wouldn't be smart for me to buy a G8 now, pay $2G in taxes, lose a ton in depreciation, and then find out I could have got a cooler car in 2010.

Anyway that's why I'm waiting. They are a gorgeous car though!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 04:15 PM

I'm just waiting for my lease to be up. I think most are waiting for the 09's.

Jpic made good points, as well, I want the GXP or Camaro SS in a year or two. I have decided to lease again for 2 years and buy the one I really want to keep.

Thats my big plan anyways

Last edited by srg963; 04-22-2008 at 04:20 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 10:21 PM

Are they GT's? If not, that is why....If they are GT's, then this is why.

I contacted my local dealer back in Feb. about the cars and he gave me a big song and dance about the car and how great it was. When I asked if "supplier discounts" were going to be available, he laughed and said that they would be adjusted based on the market. After the Ford GT500 crap that has been going on I was sick of "Adjusted" prices (I wanted a GT500 but refuse to pay a premium). They can shove it....I'll take it at supplier price for 0%for 72 months if they want to sell one now.

So, for me, the cocky dealer and their adjusted price predictions ruined it for me and them...

Now I want this...

Last edited by runin1320; 04-22-2008 at 10:24 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

All good points, fellas. That's the stuff I was wanting to hear.

I guess it just seems that with the ad blitzes and the major sponsorships, these babies shoulda been flying outta here and they weren't. Thank you all for allowing me to vent without assuing the sales pitch was coming.

However, once again a few dealers give us all a black eye. I don't think we'll be doing any "adjustments" to pricing, so that dealer's arrogance, which clearly upset runin, has spoiled it for me once again. I would just be happy to sell one, regardless of adjustments.

I also understand waiting for GXP's, Challengers, MB's, or whatever. I also know full well customers who wait and then are unable to find the cars they want. I have driven the Charger against the G8 and I'll tell you there is absolutely no comparison. The G8 is a much better car, so here's hoping the Challenger gets away from the Charger. I do have a couple customers who I am helping out of leases, and another who "just plain wants one".

Thank you all...
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 09:27 AM

92, hang around and maybe you'll get lucky with a forum member (no, not that kind of lucky). In either form the G8 is a phenominal vehicle. But every time I have purchased a new car (avg 1 every 5 years, now going on 6) I have stepped up in performance. For me, losing a second in 0-60 (compared to my factory blower GPGTP) means buying a GT over a base. Price places the GT right in the crosshairs, and the GXP probably off the target.

If the V6 had remarkably better mpg, say 30+ highway, those two would both be long gone.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

That is a good point, b/c mileage is now a HUGE factor with $3.50 and higher gas prices.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runin1320 View Post

I contacted my local dealer back in Feb. about the cars and he gave me a big song and dance about the car and how great it was. When I asked if "supplier discounts" were going to be available, he laughed and said that they would be adjusted based on the market. After the Ford GT500 crap that has been going on I was sick of "Adjusted" prices (I wanted a GT500 but refuse to pay a premium). They can shove it....I'll take it at supplier price for 0%for 72 months if they want to sell one now.

So, for me, the cocky dealer and their adjusted price predictions ruined it for me and them...

Now I want this...

I can tell you were never serious about a G8. You've read the reviews and know it's a great car and priced for about $10K below what it would be from any other car maker and you STILL want a big discount to make a deal happen. THEN you insult our intelligence and tell us by saying you now want overpriced Mercedes that costs 2X+ than the G8. Give me a break. Bring the vasoline with you when you encounter THOSE sales people.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 09:07 AM

I don't see the V6's as a "must have" product.

Nice product but not must haves.

The V8's at the local dealership here has had three in and three out same day.

HTH
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1 View Post
I can tell you were never serious about a G8. You've read the reviews and know it's a great car and priced for about $10K below what it would be from any other car maker and you STILL want a big discount to make a deal happen. THEN you insult our intelligence and tell us by saying you now want overpriced Mercedes that costs 2X+ than the G8. Give me a break. Bring the vasoline with you when you encounter THOSE sales people.

LOL...My car buying experiences are based more on a whim and what I want at the time. The right vehicle and deal have to be there. I buy too many cars and then don't keep them very long...that is the way I like it. I WAS serious about buying a G8 GT, I drove to Chicago to the autoshow just to look at it and make sure that it was what I wanted to order. After returning home, I called the dealer and found that they had the very car I wanted (minus the sunroof) coming in first. It was a situation where they would not make a deal on it previous to getting the car, "We'll wait until it gets here and then decide how much over to ask". So, I moved on, just like I gave up on the GT500 when they came out. It's not that they can never come back into my interest, it just takes a little convincing($$). If I were to get a C63 it would be next year after someone ate the majority of the depreciation for around $40-$45K.

In the past 5 years I have had:
2002 Mustang GT
2002 SVT Lightning
2003 Cobra 10th Ann.
2002 4-door Tacoma 4x4
1993 Cobra
2001 Tacoma 4x4
2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR
1994 Mustang GT

I miss the 03' Cobra the most...."The car I should have kept."
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 AM

Around this area (central FL) all the dealers tried to jack the price and I think that killed the sales. This is a V8 car and $4 gas doesn't sit well either. I have an '05 GTO that gets maybe 17mpg on premium. Of course it's supercharged, stalled tranny and the works so I don't expect a mpg "champ". Personally I'm going to wait on the GXP. Bigger engine and I'm hoping, better trim job. The G8 trim is just not that good IMO.

JET
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 PM

I pick mine up tomorrow for 31,395. Minus 500.00 off MSRP and 1000.00 GM Loyalty.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 10:30 AM

39 Miles, Rear tires worn out... Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runin1320 View Post

Now I want this...

The car could not even hit an apple! Why would you want one of these? <reference to Top Gear Episode> Driver could not hit an apple on the Apex of a turn at speed. They also revelaed that the test AMG wore out the rear tires in only 39 miles! Nope, no mistake... 39 miles! There comment was that commutes may prove difficult as a result....

I would have loved every one of those 39 miles, but even I cannot afford that.

A G8 can hit the apple, I checked....

Last edited by IXLR8; 05-10-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode