When Will It Be Built In The Usa? - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy When Will It Be Built In The Usa?

For now the "thunder from down under" is being built in Australia. GM has announced plans to phase the production to US plants. But when...

The plan for now is to ship only 30,000 G8's a year up from Aussie Land. It's a great plan to get the car out to us fast, but that also means less US jobs! I really want to buy a G8 that was built in the good old US of A!

Does anyone have some insight into when the G8 will truly be an all American muscle car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 08:12 PM

they wont take production over there its an australian car built proud in aus and with the free trade agrement theres no point and remember theres people in aus with jobs to make these cars gm cant just drop all them people so it can be made in the us. plus it most proberbly would be dearer if they made it over there you people are getting it cheap the commodore ss wich is pretty much a g8gt without cylinder deactivastion is 48 grand over hear so year.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

As far as I know, they aren't going to stop producing it in Australia. They will produce right hand drive G8's there, and wrong hand drive G8's up here for us. So anywho, When!!!!??

P.S. I'm a proud American and I think Australians are awesome.

Last edited by The Stig; 06-27-2008 at 08:37 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 07:57 PM

The only down side....

My G8 was involved in a slight collision..I've been waiting for months for all the replacement parts. Shipped from Australia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode