GXP Statistics Thread - Page 2 - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to bracketracer
I just needed to post that I had to make a minor adjustment to the information in Post #1. I discovered a discrepancy with the interior color of 1 of the GXPs on the list. One of my lists had this car with a onyx/red interior, but I was able to confirm with the owner that it is an onyx interior from the factory. This resulted in an adjustment for anyone that owns a LR A6 Sunroof GXP. There are actually 81 of them with an onyx interior (I had listed 80), and there are 78 of them with an onyx/red interior. If you have a LR A6 Onyx Sunroof GXP with a VIN below 9L300869, your sequence number is unaffected (there are 8 cars that are unaffected). Otherwise you need to add 1 to your sequence number. Drop me a PM if you have questions. If you have a LR A6 Onyx/Red Sunroof GXP with a VIN below 9L300882, your sequence number is unaffected (there are 9 cars that are unaffected). Otherwise you need to subtract 1 from your sequence number. Again, drop me a PM if you have questions.

This is the first discrepancy that I have found since completing the list, which isn't bad, but I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 01:03 PM

heyy ill try to put my stats up soon..
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Thank you to everyone who has sent me info on your GXP! I am now up to 412 GXPs that have been documented with owners (22.53%), and I have locations documented for 499 GXPs (27.28%). Please keep the info coming!

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 01:38 AM

John Gross
vin 300914
09.5 gxp
SRM A6 sunroof onyx interior
Farwell, MI
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

John, thanks for posting your info. I usually respond back in a PM, but since you posted this in the thread, I will respond to show the info that is available to other GXP owners.

You are the owner of GXP #188 of the 1829 that were produced, and it was built on 10/30/2008. Your car is also #9 of a total of 74 GXPs that were built in that configuration. Unfortunately, I have no other details on your car from past tracking. I hope this info is helpful!
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 PM

Hello Joe, I'm a new member to the G8 Forum, I am also a newly purchased GXP owner. I hope to figure out how to PM you on a secure line. I found the sight getting information on how to work on the abs, and traction control on my wife's G8 Base model. Even the base model is fun to drive. I held out until a GXP finally came available in my area for myself. These cars are really hard to find, hardly anyone trades them in. They also seem to hold their value really well. I am curious to know where the one I found lands in the limited number produced. Thanks, Eric
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Eric, sorry it's been so long since I've been in here. Drop me an email at [email protected], and I can get you all the production info you would need for your GXP. I have now tracked down all 1,829 of their VINs, build sheets, and specific production numbers all the way down to which tire they came with.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Post #1 has now been updated with the correct production numbers of every G8 GXP ever built. I am compiling the G8 GXP Registry to track down where all these cars are and who their owners are. If you own a G8 GXP, drop me an email with the last 6 of your VIN, and I will get you all the specifics for your car. My email is [email protected].
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

I'm still tracking G8 GXPs folks. I now have info on all 1,829 ever built, and I have tracked down owners for nearly 30% of all of them. If you own a G8 GXP, or have family or friends that own one, get me the last 6 digits of the VIN, and I can provide all the specific production info on the car. I am also tracking as GXPs get totaled/salvaged/rebuilt.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 11:19 AM

This is excellent info! I'm looking to get either a G8 or CTS-V, but it's gotta be an M6.

What are the average stats on the GT's being either A6 or M6?
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

The M6 transmission only came in the G8 GXP from the factory, although a few brave souls have actually converted GTs to manual transmission.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 10:14 PM

red hot gxp no sunroof red and black interior automatic
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 07:52 AM

Just acquired an '09 Liquid Red GXP. It may already be logged, but the last six of my VIN is 307577. I appreciate the data above. Looks like mine is one of 67. LR, Man, Onyx/Red, Roof
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 02:36 PM

I just acquired a 2009 GXP vin# ending in 311787 it says paint code is 636R has onyx interior w/sunroof and M6 is this car already in your registration log?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode