G8 a good choice for a daily? How about reliability? - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

G8 a good choice for a daily? How about reliability?

I currently own a 2003 IS300 and love it, but it is time to find a new daily driver.
My current choices are; BMW 335i, Lexus IS350, Infiniti G35 Sedan, and the venerable G8GT .....
I come from owning a selection of imports, but the v8 rwd G8 GT is really calling out to me. ....I do plan on doing average mods, but not racing it (I have a weekend car for that)...
How is the 2008 2009 G8 GT for daily reliability? Better to purchase one with an extended warranty? Should I be afraid of these Pontiac cars being harder to find parts for in the future?
For instance I am most leaning towards the BMW 335i, but they are pretty maintenance needy and an extended warranty seems to be a must.
The IS350 is pretty limited to it's oem 300ish rwhp but it seems to be a rock solid 200k mile kinda car....

Help Me Pick!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 08:15 PM

hey your kinda in the situation I am in.. I also have a g35 sedan in the back of my mind too. I drove one a long time ago it was nice but i just drove a g8 gt about a week ago. The dealer actually let me take it myself hehe but instantly fell in love, but still do like the luxary of the infiniti.. Im gonna keep an eye on this see what people say. Cause mine would as well be a daily driver but not during winter. Good old north dakota winter 7 months long SIGH

Last edited by lefty321546; 05-01-2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 03:30 PM

Ok so this thread is several months old and noone has chimed in? LOL I am also a newbie and looking at a G8 GT since my wife talked me out of getting another motorcycle and into getting a car. I was interested in a GTO till a found the G8. Since we have kids the G8 would be perfect I think, except wanting a manual and not wanting to pay for the GXP version. This would be my daily driver except in the winter. Since Pontiac is gone this makes a G8 a good and bad thing. I have read alot here and seems like if you get one that was taken care of and maintain it and dont get in any wrecks you should be good to go?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 PM

you must have passed on it. If you did buy it my guess is we would have heard as most G8 owners fall in love with it. They are way beyond the boring foreign cars. I have had a 09 since 8/09 and though it only has 2500 miles on it it is a blast to drive and looks beautiful. I treat it like a baby. only problem is its thirsty. But ignore that because if all the greenies have their way we are headed to a europe style car scene where there are no performance cars on the road, because of the $7 a gallon. Call your congressman and demand they drill for oil that belongs to us anyway. the current cafe standards are the strickest in the world and they want to make it much higher soon. many riding the green wave dismiss the freedom of choice it takes away one HP at a time.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeont View Post
you must have passed on it. If you did buy it my guess is we would have heard as most G8 owners fall in love with it. They are way beyond the boring foreign cars. I have had a 09 since 8/09 and though it only has 2500 miles on it it is a blast to drive and looks beautiful. I treat it like a baby. only problem is its thirsty. But ignore that because if all the greenies have their way we are headed to a europe style car scene where there are no performance cars on the road, because of the $7 a gallon. Call your congressman and demand they drill for oil that belongs to us anyway. the current cafe standards are the strickest in the world and they want to make it much higher soon. many riding the green wave dismiss the freedom of choice it takes away one HP at a time.
I am still interested in one but not willing to pay for the "rarity" bs that dealerships are trying to use to inflate the prices. I found it funny that alot of reviews say a "con" is the fuel mileage. My wife and I drive full size GMC's that get alot worse mileage then the G8 so it would still be an improvement. It is a performance car IMO and consider gas mileage very decent. high performance 4 cylinders get the same mileage and need higher octane fuel to boot.

Once my wife and I get qoutes on a new addition i might still get one if funds allow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode