Canadian plant - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Canadian plant

My Grand Prix GTP Comp G was built in Canada...does anyone know if GM has any plans to retool that factory for the G8??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 04:12 PM

As of right now.... I don't know what to think for I'm not even sure if they will build the Camaro there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_SG1 View Post
My Grand Prix GTP Comp G was built in Canada...does anyone know if GM has any plans to retool that factory for the G8??
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 09:11 AM

The original plan was for Oshawa to build not only the Camaro, but also the new rwd Impala, which is gone. That is an important plant to GM so much so that when th ef-bodies went ouyt of production the union got GM to agree in writing that any new f-body (Camaro or Firebird by name) had to be built there. Camaro alone will not keep the plant at max capacity so expect something else to still be built there. But the planned production #s for the G8 are necessary for stability in Holden, so I'm not so sure that any G8 production will leave Oz.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:06 PM

Thumbs up Nice to Know

Nice to know that about the union agreement up there in Canada. Being on the Camaro5 forum for so long now, I have my doubts when it comes to the build of the Camaro, especially the pricing upon release. There has been so many supposedly spy images of the Camaro without any precise specs in the past couple months. I'm just a little apaw since the vehicle will be on lot less than a year from now.

I was happy to see the G8s not markup up at all at my dealerships.

I am more than sure that G8s have taken quite a few customers from Camaro base, including me.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:18 AM

Genuine GM (not spy) photo of pre-production on test track in MI, back in January

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 01:14 PM

Tall Camaro

What do you think, parking next to the G8, it seems like the new Camaro has some height........ to wife the roof of my G8, I have to stretch.... it seems like the new Camaro has some height.... maybe just a tad shorter than that G8.

Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpontiac View Post
Genuine GM (not spy) photo of pre-production on test track in MI, back in January
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode