06 GTO vs 09 GXP - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

06 GTO vs 09 GXP

hello everyone. I'm a college student, and I currently drive a '91 Toyota MR2. I recently got accepted into the nursing program at my local community college, so after I get my degree and start working in about 2 years, I'm looking at getting something to step up into with more power and more space. I REALLY LOVE the G8, but I need a car with a manual transmission (I don't drag race, I'm into road courses), so it would have to be a G8 GXP with the M6. I've tested a G8 GT, and the car feels incredible, but the autotragic transmission kills it for me. but, I've also been thinking about getting a 2006 Goat, as well. I test drove one a while back when they were on dealer lots, and I really liked the car! I have a few questions, though. I figured you guys can give me some answers on this.

is there any information on how these cars handle around a road course? possibly a head to head comparison? of course, power is handy for driving on american roads (passing on the highway, and so forth), but I also like a car that handles really well.

or would anyone be able to tell me how they compare when it comes to handling? I've heard that, surprisingly, the G8 outhandles the GTO. is there any truth to this?

can you guys fill me in on if the high initial quality is still there after many miles? I know BMW's feel great, and all, right off the showroom floor, but shortly after the warranty is up, I've heard horror stories of the cars starting to come apart. anybody experienced anything similar with the G8 and/or GTO?

and what do you guys think the price of a G8 GXP with an M6 will be in about 2 years?

Joseph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachikid View Post
hello everyone. I'm a college student, and I currently drive a '91 Toyota MR2. I recently got accepted into the nursing program at my local community college, so after I get my degree and start working in about 2 years, I'm looking at getting something to step up into with more power and more space. I REALLY LOVE the G8, but I need a car with a manual transmission (I don't drag race, I'm into road courses), so it would have to be a G8 GXP with the M6. I've tested a G8 GT, and the car feels incredible, but the autotragic transmission kills it for me. but, I've also been thinking about getting a 2006 Goat, as well. I test drove one a while back when they were on dealer lots, and I really liked the car! I have a few questions, though. I figured you guys can give me some answers on this.

is there any information on how these cars handle around a road course? possibly a head to head comparison? of course, power is handy for driving on american roads (passing on the highway, and so forth), but I also like a car that handles really well.

or would anyone be able to tell me how they compare when it comes to handling? I've heard that, surprisingly, the G8 outhandles the GTO. is there any truth to this?

can you guys fill me in on if the high initial quality is still there after many miles? I know BMW's feel great, and all, right off the showroom floor, but shortly after the warranty is up, I've heard horror stories of the cars starting to come apart. anybody experienced anything similar with the G8 and/or GTO?

and what do you guys think the price of a G8 GXP with an M6 will be in about 2 years?

Joseph.

I have about 2,500 miles on my G8 GXP and so far, so good. Go to YouTube and punch in "G8 GXP" as the search phrase. Look for a Motortrend review of the G8 GXP that lasts about 6 minutes or so. It rates the handling and most everything else about the GXP very favorably. Not sure how 2009 GXP compares to 2006 GTO. Find a GTO owner who might be able to fill you in.

BTW, I have the "autotragic" transmission and its not bad.

Good luck with the pursuit of your nursing degree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode