Stoked GT Owner from Houston area (Katy) - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Stoked GT Owner from Houston area (Katy)

Hello to all:

Took delivery yesterday morning of an 09 White Hot GT (Premium, Sport)

Got a screaming deal; untitled demo with 5,000 miles.

I've owned 4 Vettes and two late-model Mustangs (including an 07 Shelby GT). This car is faster than both the Stangs with a build quality equal or superior to the Vettes.

I plan to add a cat-back pretty soon with the intent of upgrading to a full exhaust sometime later. Maybe a different intake. Maybe a brake upgrade down the road. This, with a re-tune, is all that I pan to do with mine; no forced induction. This sucker is my daily driver.

Plan to head to John Henessey's track at Sealy this Saturday night to make a few "stock" 1/4 mile passes just to establish a base line in determining the gains I get from the exhaust upgrades.

I think this is a great car and, oh boy, does the automotive press agree with me.

I know you would all agree that Pontiac's demise is a tragedy and, as I get to know you guys, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Rumors abound: Chevy may pick these cars up; Cadillac might? Somebody should. They are so vastly superior to anything in either the Ford or Dodge family in terms of quality and value it would be a shame to do all the work to get them in this market only to see them bounce right out again!

Well, I look forward to rounding up with you cats to swap notes on a great ride. If any of you are in the Houston/Katy area let me know and maybe we can line 'em up at either Sealy or Baytown.

Thanks,

Tuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 02:20 AM

Welcome and congrats on the new ride!! I agree that it is a tragedy that Pontiac is being "killed off". I bought my White Hot GXP on March 31st when Pontiac was going to be a "niche" brand. I still would have bought it even if I'd known they were going to kill the brand off.

I hope that this car is the next Impala SS or some other model. It would be stupid of GM to totally kill this car off. It is too good!!

Like the mods you have mentioned. I am looking at headers and a vararam at least. I can be a bit more aggressive as this car it not my daily driver. I don't know how you feel about chrome, but I bought the chrome G8 gas cap and it looks great!! It is an official GM product.

Take care and make sure to post your times from the track!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, the main reason I will limit my mods is because this is my daily driver. That's really the main reason I didn't get a GXP. I believe, with any recovery in the economy, gas prices will shoot up and the insurance on GXP was significantly higher.

I will post my times. Based on what I see at youtube; along as the weather is not too hot and muggy, I'm expecting high 13's.

Here's wishing a great Memorial Day to all!

We have so much because others gave all they had!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Let me add that I test drove a White Hot GXP at Covert Pontiac, in Bastrop, TX, a couple of weeks ago (automatic) and the car was a friggin' hammer!

Congrats!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 PM

My wife took delivery a second time after 2 weeks in the shop. Had a minor problem with a A/C vent line pinched off. Could have been no big deal but the dealer damaged the interior plastic in the car and the paint on theeach door pulling the seats out. It is fixed now and will never see that dealer again. The car is awsome!!! Wanted to buy a GTO in 06 but with 2 kids the Taxi owner would not go for it. Thank God they brought this out in a four door. Now I could not change her mind if I wanted to. Has anyone out there put a full header and exhaust system on an 09 G8 GT yet and what di the numbers look like?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

There are several posts on youtube of guys that have made exhaust mods to the G8; both GT and GXP.

Kooks posts a nice promo video. They have a complete system; headers, hi-flow cats and their race mufflers. This is what I'd like to do down the road.

There are also posts of G8's with the exhaust mods and a re-tune making 1/4 mile passes. It moves the car from high to low 13's.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 04:58 PM

My wife likes the Kooks sound the best but would love to leave the car as a sleeper but to make more power it has to be able to breathe. Thinking about supercharger or twin turbo later when she is comfortable with the power it has now compared to the four cylinder she had before. I really want to go to the track and make a couple of stock passes before we do anything.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakrfan19 View Post
Welcome and congrats on the new ride!! I agree that it is a tragedy that Pontiac is being "killed off". I bought my White Hot GXP on March 31st when Pontiac was going to be a "niche" brand. I still would have bought it even if I'd known they were going to kill the brand off.

I hope that this car is the next Impala SS or some other model. It would be stupid of GM to totally kill this car off. It is too good!!

Like the mods you have mentioned. I am looking at headers and a vararam at least. I can be a bit more aggressive as this car it not my daily driver. I don't know how you feel about chrome, but I bought the chrome G8 gas cap and it looks great!! It is an official GM product.

Take care and make sure to post your times from the track!!

I agree. I've had my Liquid Red GXP for about 3 weeks. The deal I got was too good to pass up. The engine is really quick and the handling is unbelievable. Hopefully, GM will incorporate this technology into their remaining brands. Can't believe they didn't keep Pontiac as a niche brand, but with the government in control, I guess high performance and good handling are not at the top of the list. What a shame. Regards, Paul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode