Noob - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
mem

Question Noob

I don't have a G8 yet. I am in the process of having a Solstice bought back by GM and this is one of the vehicles that they currently have on the lot. It's pretty, and has about every option that I could think of. Can some of you tell me you like and might not like so much about the car? Since I am currently driving a rental , it would be nice to hear some thoughts on the G8 to help me make up my mind. Anything that I should know before I seriously consider this car?
Thanks!
Marrilee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
mem

Not one reply? No words of wisdom or talking up of the car? Wow. I thought for sure I would hear some praise here.
Bummer.

M
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:53 PM

I have only test driven the car. I like it and would consider buying it. Just not sure if I want to wait for the 2009. If I needed a car today I'd be all over it. For the cost I think it is a great car.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Hello Marrilee,

Welcome to G8forum, I don't have a G8, but plan to purchase one to replace my wifes daily driver. I do however own a GTO which was also built by Holden and is a fine automobile. I'm watching my local Pontiac dealer for the arrival of the G8 and plan to test drive it soon,

Randy
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:28 AM

Marrilee, welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss (Solstice lemonaid?). While I have not yet had a chance to drive a G8 I have been all over one and they look great. Pricing of a G8GT is almost identical to pricing of a Solstice GXP, and look at the extra 4 cylinders, 3 seat, and real trunk. Now you are talking serious car, and serious bang for the buck. Ours will be replacing a Grand Prix and I can hardly wait.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
mem

It would appear that my Solstice is a lemon. I love the looks of the car, it is a head turner. But at this point, I am about done with taking it to the dealer to have it repaired for the same issue over and over. I have been patient, but my patience has a limit. We are waiting for the dealer to hear from the Factory Rep, and then we will know more. In the last 5 weeks, they have had the car 21 days. I'm still making the payment....I'm not a real happy girl. This is not the first attempt to repair the car, this has been ongoing since October.

I have not driven the G8. My husband has. He is really enamored of the car, he said it is FAST. Me, I'm more of a looks and features kinda girl. (I did not choose the Solstice, it was a gift.) This car seems to have every feature that I could ask for. If they end up buying mine back, I think I could be very happy with the G8. I want something different, that no one else has. When the Sol GXP became my car, it was one of only four in the whole area. There are only about that many G8's here, and two are sitting at the dealer. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because you just never know what will happen.
Thanks for the replies.
M
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
mem

I did drive the G8 this weekend. It is a very fast car! It also looks very nice. There is a black one and a gray one, one with a moon roof and one without. I really like the look of the black, but I kinda had my heart set on the moon roof. Now all that is left is to see what will be done about my Solstice. I'm 21 days in a rental car this time, not counting the other times. Hopefully it will be soon.
M
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 AM

If they do a buyback and give you a voucher towards a new GM vehicle you are not stuck buying only from that dealer's stock. In that situation I would think that GM could make your choice in color and options appear before your very eyes.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
mem

As of now all that we know is that the buy back paperwork has started. I do think that we will have to option of the dealer trading stock with another dealer to get what we want. That has been implied at well. My husband likes the gray with the two tone seats, and I am not completly sold on the two tone with the gray. Now with the black, YES! So I might see if they can get us the black, with all of the options and the two tone seats. The black would be beautiful with the red and black seats.
At this point I would probably take anything over the rental car that I am driving! Day 25 and counting.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode