New Owner with some issues - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

New Owner with some issues

Well Lets see. My name is Derek and i am located in Oklahoma. I have been looking for a new daily driver and came across a 09 White Hot g8. Its not a gt but i dont need another performance ride. Car was a good deal but i am having issues with a vibration and humming coming from the passenger front. When i test drove the car taking a corner there was vibration turning and when braking at highway speeds. well the dealership turned the rotor and the car was back on the road and no vibration. Well now 2 weeks later the vibration is back and now there is a humming sound when turning to the right... I have a lot of mechanical knowledge but the wife doesn't want me messing with a new and warranty car. I was hoping i could get some info on this situation so i know what im looking for when it goes in for repairs. so any help would be great..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Sounds like it could possibly a wheel bearing. A bad wheel bearing could cause the rotor to get out of alignment plus it would cause a humming sound on turns. That's something to consider anyway. Good luck and post what happens. I just got a White Hot g8 gt 2 weeks ago. Larry in Texas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode