Just bought a G8 - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Just bought a G8

Hi I am new to the forum. I came here for some technical knowledge about the car and good tips.

Right now my wife drives a 09 G6 V6. I just bought an 08 G8 GT. We have a 79 Trans Am Black/Gold Special Edition in the garage.

The G8 is my 7th Pontiac I have owned. I was very mad when Pontiac was "killed" so that GM could still sell Buicks in China. It seemed like Pontiac was on the way back up again.

So, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I enjoy the performance of the car, but I like roadtrips, so helping the MPG out is also going to be a focus.

-Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 05:54 PM

Just bought a G8

Welcome! I love the 79 Trans Ams.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 AM

Hello Martin, I am new here too and my wife has a 2009 g8 base and I bought the gxp g8 version. The v6 gets at the most 20 mpg in mixed driving. The gxp at best in average driving 17 mpg the way we drive. It's awful hard not to keep your foot from twitching on the throttle before and after work for some excitement. I looked at the gt version but jumped on the gxp when one showed up in my area. These are fast and fun high performance cars in any model. The gt can get the best mileage of the three models in stock form if you can discipline your foot from tapping into the more than generous power of the v8 you have under the hood. In my younger days I owned both the auto and manual 400ho and the 455 super duty gtos. These g8's in the GT and gxp out preform them hands down in handling and speed. Ashame GM closed down the division. Of course this makes our Holden Pontiace G8's a future classic down the road a few years. Until then I plan to run the car until the wheels fall off. Figuratively speeding, err, speaking of course. Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode