Hello from Mass - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Talking Hello from Mass

Hi all,

I just bought an 09 G8 GT Sport Red and I thought it would be a good idea to hook up with a forum in order to see what the deal is with these cars. I traded in an 09 Impala SS for the G8 after seeing one cruising around my area. I just had to check one out! I've never really noticed them before but thats probably because they only made them for 2 years. When the salesman pulled it around I fell in love with it and had to have it. It's got 25K miles on it and the last owner took pretty good care of it.

I'm gonna bee looking to do a couple mods in the future so if anyone has a suggestion feel free to post it. The exhaust is awfully quiet for a 6.0L so I think that will be the first change. The speakers have all been replaced with JL Audio by the last owner as well as a JL sub in the trunk. Thanks everyone and I look forward to being part of a new forum family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 10:55 PM

Welcome! Try some solo brand axlebacks to wake up that V8 sound.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 AM

Just bought mine in June. 09 GT sport & prem pkg bone stock with 34k on it. Very few G8's west of Cali so real pleased with the purchase. I think I'm gonna go the bolt cause it's a light use everyday drive " but you never know! Lotta options out there so it'll probably come down to preference. Welcome and congrats!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 10:18 AM

What I did on my exhaust recently was installed the solo axlebacks which were a breeze (took 15 Mins) and I also replaced the mid muffler with a magnaflow x-pipe. Really wakes the exhaust up and sounds great! Not too lound, not too quiet, Just right! Good luck with your G8. You'll love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode