Future owner scouring for a G8 - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Future owner scouring for a G8

Hey G8 lovers and owners out there,
I'm not a Pontiac G8 owner, but would love to be. As an expat Aussie, there's a soft spot for Holden sourced vehicles because: A) They're Australian B) They're unique and C) They're cool

I've rented a few Commodore SV6's back home over the years and just love them. The SS's and G8's have such a perfect combination of performance, comfort, refinement, and style.

Unfortunately, I can't afford a Chevy SS, but am seeking a low mileage and unmolested G8. There's not many out there, but I know one will come along if I'm adamant. I actually prefer the V6 for the fuel savings (and lower price of admission with the purchase!), to avoid the leather, and am hoping to find one in red or blue (there's too much gray in the world). My mission is to find one for under $15k with no more than 60k miles.

Looking around, there's a few out there, but most seem to be in Ohio and the Great Lake region strangely; a long way from California! I don't mind going out there to buy one (I actually checked one out in Cleveland two weeks ago) but am weary of a decade's worth of salty roads and rust.

Is there anything in particular to be aware of with G8 issues that you're familiar with?

Currently, I have a '15 Chevy Sonic with Holden Barina badging (the eventual G8 would replace it), a Chevy Aveo, a Daihatsu Charade, Suzuki Esteem, and a '92 Ford Explorer; complete with the Jurassic Park fittings. Owning obscure and out of the ordinary cars seems to be my thing! The G8 would be a perfect addition

Looking forward to chatting with all of you, getting some advice, and hearing your stories

Ryan

Me and our latest Commodore rental in Sydney- this past August, 2017

One Aussie icon with another

My Sonic/Holden Barina

Our low mileage (55k) 1988 Daihatsu Charade

And our Jurassic Park replica; a 1992 Ford Explorer with only 65k miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 02:53 PM

Hi Ryan,
Are you still looking for a 2009 Pontiac G8 with a 3.6l V6 engine with low mileage?. My name is Gordon Falla and I reside in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. My Pontiac G8 has less than 42,000 miles on the odometer and is immaculate condition (interior, exterior & mechanical + no accidents). The vehicle is taken off the road each fall, washed & cleaned, and put indoors for winter storage (vehicle started monthly) until early summer. It’s all original and the only modification was the window tint film applied to the side & back glass of the vehicle and a switch to Mobil 1 synthetic oil after engine break-in period. The exterior colour is “black panther metallic” with black cloth interior. It is also equipped with the “Sun & Sound” package which includes a power sunroof & Blaupunkt 6 disc CD 220 watt audio system.
Asking price is $18,000 or best offer (Canadian dollars).
If you are interested you can E-mail me at [email protected] .
Best Regards,
Gordon Falla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode