LOOK OUT _ GM not willing to help their loyal customers - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Angry LOOK OUT _ GM not willing to help their loyal customers

I had an accident with my car. Parts are taking well over a month to get. GM has been less than helpful in obtaining the parts to fix my G8.
So far they have refused to put any special priority on getting parts available on the shelf to fix the car (I know some warranty parts are the same issue), and unlike many other manufacturers they are unwilling to help in any way with rental costs or replacement as a good will gesture.
I have been in the collision repair business for over 15 years, and have seen companies such as Jeep(chrysler), toyota, and nissan go as far as paying for rentals and even some car payments in extreme cases. I have seen other companies go above and beyond to locate needed parts and get them shipped to repair facilities to get their customers on the road.
Just one more step in the wrong direction as this company/branch of gm crumbles. I have been a die hard GM guy since my early teens. And seeing what other manufacturers do for their customers make this whole thing sickening.
Careful with your cars, cause you might not see them back on the road for some time if you need parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 10:49 PM

I hear you. I just got a check engine light and diagnostic says the engine is running lean. There is a hissing noise. I asked my local Chevy dealership if they can take a look at G8s. The service manager says they are short handed and don't really know the G8s. So much for interoperability. I guess I have to go out of my way to Pontiac dealer and pray they know what they're doing. Also, I called on OEM brake pads and no pontiac dealer in the country had them in stock (about 2 months ago).
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:02 PM

That's why I almost always have rental coverage on my insurance - if it goes out a month or so teh insurance company will directly harass teh auto company for the parts. Now, on my last incident I did not have rental on my truick - but the body shop manager would not let me leave without free use (for about 3 weeks over xmas) of a dealer tradein.

GM may have an obligation to supply parts for something like 10 years and I do not think that emerging from Ch 11 lets them off the hook regarding Pontiac.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 09:06 AM

My fuel pump went out a week ago at 5000 miles. I was just told that " well the parts are on back order" when I asked when they expected to get them, I was told that they didn't really expect the problem with such new cars and they are being told it could be several weeks. That's screwed up!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:28 PM

I just got my car back after waiting 29 days for an alternator. I feel your guys pain believe me. When my car's alternator crapped, I never thought I would wait a month. But anyway, good luck to all of you. And Sad, if it really does take weeks let me know. I got a few "compensation" vouchers out of my deal. I will let you know and give you some phone #'s. Again, good luck.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 10:10 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to el greyie
well ive had my car in the dealership twice for part repair first it was the alternator it took a month so they can fix since they couldnt find the part to it. now it was my motor they havent found the cam they have "LOOKED" all over the place for it. my car is parked at the dealership still until they find the cam it will get fixed and thats been a already a month this week suks not driving it
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 03:01 PM

whats amazing is drive line parts are shared with the camaro so i dont understand why it would take so long to get, much less stock. but none the the less i waited 38 days for a new frame on a 2009 denali i had to do a swap on.
even better 2010 c1500 bedside assembly's are on natl back order... wtf GM?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Sorry but, Nissan does not pay any loaner… I work in a Nissan dealership as a service manager and I have to give one of our car to the customer. If your car is service in case of an accident your insurance company should supply you a loaner car. By the way my boos is not very happy to see my white G8 in front of the garage LOL
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 02:14 PM

I had an accident and my car was totally gone but i was still safe so that i like it as it saved my life.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 09:30 AM

Now that its known that the Caprice is the Old G8, and Holden makes thousands of these Caprices for Chevy.. you might get better times on parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode