User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:07 PM

Wow, hell of a ride.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 PM

I test drove a manual and automatic 2009 CTS V and seriously considered buying one. In the end, I selected a G8 GXP manual. The V is an incredible car, but bang for the buck, the GXP is tough to beat. And this is coming from a former M5 owner!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 PM

Both the Pontiac G8 GT and GXP as well as the CTS V are world class sports sedans..

30 grand for the G8 GT
40 grand for the G8 GXP
60 grand for the CTS V..

Only one which is missing...IMO is the 50 grand CTS AWD FE2 LS3 powered sport model..

That would be an awesome lineup...IMO
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 PM

CTS V vs G8 GT

Both of these cars are an absolute thrill to drive. The V is more fun than any vehicle I have ever driven. In the end I chose to buy the G8 for a few reasons. The first is price. I got a stupid low price on a G8 that had gone home for the weekend with some one and came back on Monday when they did not qualify for the loan. The nose had bottomed out and had a 3 inch gouge in the underside and there was a door ding. All this with just 150 miles on the car.

The second reason is the interior room. While the differences are just inches, the rear accommodations are huge. Sit in both and you will agree.

The third reason is Utah. We have had some hard snowy winters and there is a lot of sand and salt used. If I had the Caddy, I would leave it in the garage till the sun comes out. Having that attitude, I would still be waiting for the snow to go away so I can drive. The G8 is an everyday car. While I still hate the weather abuse, I can put up with it.

The final reason is that I love to wrench on cars. The G8 affords tons of opportunities to build the car into a vehicle with tons of power and track ready. The V is the king. It has it all and I don't think I could do much to make it better. I drove tons of laps on the Monticello track with the CTS V, XLR V and standard CTS. It was the most fun driving day of my life without a podium finish. The car is flat out amazing with more luxury than any euro sport coupe could hope to have. (Well the M5 is close).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 09:20 PM

I test drove the G8 GT and then the CTS V last week or two...

Since the CTS V is 66 grand and probably twice the transaction price of the G8 GT...

I have to say...with my hard earned money? i'd buy the G8 GT..

Dam cool car that CTS V though..

Very nice interior....great ride and one hell of a motor..

Still I'd buy the G8 GT if I wanted a four door corvette.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode