Ceramic Pads for 2009 G8 GT?? - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Question Ceramic Pads for 2009 G8 GT??

Like the title states, does anybody know of, or have they checked on obtaining some Ceramic Pads for our G8 GT's? Reason I ask is there is allot of excessive brake dust on my Wheels. Maybe it is becuase the car is still brand new and the brakes have not seasoned in good yet. However, I would still be in the market for a set of these Ceramic's if they are available for our G8 GT's. Any and all replies would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 05:58 PM

I understand your desire for less brake dust and ceramic will do the trick. I would tell you that you will have better stopping with non ceramic compounds. I worked in the industry and you would be surprised how good you can buy from a local discount supplier. For example Raybestos PG Plus are an extreme duty pad. They are semi metallic and will stop shorter than most ceramics by about 5-8%. They are much more fade resistant than ceramic also. The key is your rotor and brake lines. This is the most dramatic upgrade you can make without a major modification to the caliper itself. I really believe if you make it go fast, you should equal it ability to stop. Just makes sense. If you are a fan of any racing, you will note the extreme amount of brake dust. Get a California car duster just for your wheels and you will cope better. Good Luck, Be safe. Jerry.
I have an 09 G8 Gt Metallic Sport Red in constant state of change. I am about to pull the heads to rework them and install a Ts 1900 Magnacharger
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuclosBrosRacing View Post
I understand your desire for less brake dust and ceramic will do the trick. I would tell you that you will have better stopping with non ceramic compounds. I worked in the industry and you would be surprised how good you can buy from a local discount supplier. For example Raybestos PG Plus are an extreme duty pad. They are semi metallic and will stop shorter than most ceramics by about 5-8%. They are much more fade resistant than ceramic also. The key is your rotor and brake lines. This is the most dramatic upgrade you can make without a major modification to the caliper itself. I really believe if you make it go fast, you should equal it ability to stop. Just makes sense. If you are a fan of any racing, you will note the extreme amount of brake dust. Get a California car duster just for your wheels and you will cope better. Good Luck, Be safe. Jerry.
I have an 09 G8 Gt Metallic Sport Red in constant state of change. I am about to pull the heads to rework them and install a Ts 1900 Magnacharger
Jerry, thanks for that information, will keep that in mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode