Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Night/Stealth Mode access excludes V6...??

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RingMaster 
#1 ·
I thought this was odd. I engaged Night/Stealth Mode and it worked; however, I would prefer to have the tachometer also lit in addition to the speedometer. The problem is, the option does not display at all for access to change the tachometer to "on" in Night/Stealth mode. My manual states access to the Night Mode option is the last item under the Trip/Odometer list....not on my DIC choices. Is this option only accessible to change on the GTs and GXPs only....???? :(

#2 ·
Actually had to go out tonight and switched interior to Night/Stealth Mode. While in this mode I accessed the Customization Menu, and sure enough, even while in Night/Stealth Mode, there is no option anywhere to turn the light on for the tachometer. Either I have old software in my DIC or this option is only accessible with the V8 engine. The Temp, Fuel, and Tach gauges did correctly go "dead" while in Night/Stealth Mode; however, I am curious to know for those who do have the option to turn on the light for the Tach, if the Tach remains dead or does it work normally when the Tach light is turned on...???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.